At the root of Middle School Matchup is the idea that a player gets to proudly represent their Middle School and play with Middle School classmates that they have grown up with (and have a blast doing it). In order to make sure that we stick with this vision and not have teams that have been manipulated or engineered by signing up for different schools we go through a validation exercise.
Every player participating in MSM must be Middle School and Grade Validated.
In the past we have validated a few different ways. We have done everything from showing ID’s to get your gear to having big event’s where coaches and players check in as a team. To keep things as simple as possible we are going to use the one tool I bet almost every parent, player and coach already has in their hand right now...their phone.
Here are the 5 simple steps for parent/player validation.
1. Get Coach Info - Once we release teams and coaches, find your team and your coach info using the roster tools MSM sends you.
2. Snap a pic! - Snap a pick of your Student ID (prefered) or if your do not have student ids you can use a report card. Please make sure it shows the School and Grade.
3. Send to your coach - Email or Text your coach with the pic. He is expecting it and will complete your validation process.
4. Save it. Save this pic on player and parents phone someplace you can get to it quickly. You may be asked for it at the tournament.
5. High Five! - You are now verified!
Exception codes - every once in awhile there are situations where a player does have permission from MSM to be playing for a different school or grade. It’s rare but can happen. These players are given MSM Exception Codes from MSM Staff.
If you are playing for a different school and/or grade than you physically attend at the time of the tournament and you do not have an MSM Exception Code. You will be immediately removed from the tournament with no refund.
Parents Love MSM
This weekend wasn't about winning or losing....It was about playing MIDDLE SCHOOL BASEBALL!!!! It brought boys together that have never played together but showed what a passion for baseball can do. Thank you!!!!
Players Love MSM
I have played in nearly 1000 games now, all over America and I still think MSM was probably the most fun I have ever had playing baseball. Playing with the kids I grew up with was amazing. Even in high school we still talk about how fun (and crazy) our games were!
What is Middle School Matchup?
MSM is a unique weekend tournament for middle school baseball players in areas that do not have formal middle school teams. At MSM we align players by middle school, regardless of skill level, and give them the special chance to take a short break from their current team and play ball with the kids they have grown up with! Smiles and high-fives are guaranteed.